Frederick K. Reinbold, DMD, MD
Meet Dr. Reinbold
Dr. Frederick Reinbold is an Alaskan grown board-certiﬁed Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon who is thrilled to serve the community he grew up in. Spending his early years in East Anchorage, he then moved, attended and graduated from A.J. Dimond high school. He went onto Whitman College where he earned his bachelor’s degree in Economics while competing on the alpine ski team. After he graduated, he realized that his interest lie in medicine not business. He then enrolled in Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) and over the course of 10 years, he earned degrees in both dentistry and medicine and completed a residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery. He loved his time in Oregon where he took up wind surﬁng in the Columbia Gorge and met his wife who was a resident in Emergency Medicine at OHSU. Upon, completion of his education in 1999, he returned to his home state of Alaska and opened his own practice. Having treated over 30 thousand patients, Dr. Reinbold’s substantial experience deems him an expert in the ﬁeld. He treats the full range of oral surgery from wisdom teeth extraction, dental implants, bone grafting and orthognathic surgery. He has volunteered for the mission of mercy, donated dental care and project access.
When not in the oﬃce, Fritz spends time with his wife and his 4 wonderful children. As an avid outdoorsman, he also enjoys chasing rainbow trout with his ﬂyrod in remote corners of the state or working on his latest mechanical project at home. He also continues his passion for ski racing and enjoyed coaching Mighty Mites to teach the next generation alpine skiing.
Well, has a long road, my education started after I graduated from diamond high school here in Anchorage. I went off to Whitman College and actually got a degree in economics that was pre-med for a while, but my father was an orthopedic surgeon. I thought about being a doctor my whole life, and then I decided I'd go into business, go to business school. That's why I went to economics. After college, I decided, you know, that didn't sound too interesting to me anymore, and I started looking around at other things to do. My uncle was actually an oral surgeon, and we talked a lot about oral surgery. And what that life is about, and it appealed to me. I immediately applied to dental school and was accepted. And had pursued that passion of becoming an oral surgeon from the first day of dental school and open this practice. And as a solo provider and I've been practicing largely solo for many, many years until recently, I brought in Dr. Sashi. The thing that I wanted to have different in my practice as opposed to other practices, is I wanted to be able to connect with my patients on a more personal level. I think the most enjoyable thing about working with patients is learning about them, learning what their concerns are, treating them and seeing the outcome. The outcomes to me are what bring me to work every day, seeing patients start in a situation that's subpar and ending with an exceptional result that allows them to. You know, regain their normal activities of daily living.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Reinbold?
Memberships & Awards
- Anchorage Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- Fellow of the American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of the International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Western College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomat of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Granted Certificate of Office Anesthesia through the AAOMS Office Evaluation Program
- PALS (pediatric advanced life support) and ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) Certified
- American Dental Society of Anesthesia Award
- National Dental Honor Society “Omicron Kappa Epsilon”
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Bernadette A. Scully Award in recognition of Excellence in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Horace Wells Senior Student Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Dental Anesthesiology
- Graduated with High Honors from Oregon Health Sciences University School of Dentistry
- Certified JCAHO Compliant Medical Gas System
Licenses & Permits
- State of Alaska Medical Board Licensed Physician
- State of Alaska Board of Dental Examiners Licensed Dentist
- State of Alaska Board of Dental Examiners Licensed Dental Specialist
- State of Alaska Board of Dental Examiners Permit to administer General Anesthesia
- State of Alaska Board of Dental Examiners Permit to administer Parenteral Sedation