Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do NOT have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- For minors, a parent or legal guardian is required to sign consents and must be present at all times.
- Someone should stay with the patient for at least 4-6 hours after surgery to monitor and assist them.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery. If you have long nails please cut them. If you have acrylic nails, please remove them prior to your appointment.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office: Anchorage Oral and Implant Surgery Office Phone Number 907-562-9939.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Reinbold, Dr. Sashi or Dr. Wanat prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- We NEED to know if you take blood thinners, bone density/osteoporosis medications or insulin prior to your appointment. Please call to inform us if you do.
Are You in Need of Oral & Maxillofacial Treatment?
Schedule your next appointment with us today!